Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's Never Too Early

Well, it's Independence Day here in the United States, and that's got me thinking about the new school year.  It's never too early to start planning your school year.  I actually sat down and scheduled our first two months already.  I know that if I leave things to the last minute I get stressed, our son gets stressed, and well, it's just no good for anyone.  I guess that's really what helps homeschooling run smoothly - planning.  Well, planning and routines.

During this summer I've been trying to get myself into some good routines with the housework and meal planning, two areas that have always been challenging for me.  But now that our son will be starting high school (how did that get here so fast?), I knew that I needed to have my ducks in a row to give us a better chance for success this year.  A little planning and good routines can make days go much more smoothly and diffuse any stress that might try to show up and spoil things.  With only four more years of school to go, I want to enjoy every day with our son and not be scattered and worried about things that don't deserve that attention.  I'm feeling very good about how things are shaping up so far.

Now, don't let me fool you.  I know it sounds like I've got all my stuff together and everything run smooth as silk all the time.  Well, no.  But I have tried to say no to procrastination and get things on a better track.  That's another thing about homeschooling - our children aren't the only ones who learn.  We parents learn a thing or two along the way as well.  With that in mind, I'm very please to announce that my new book, The No Nonsense Guide to Homeschooling, is now available on Kindle and Nook!  It's packed with practical tips, ideas, and encouragement for those thinking about homeschooling, those who have decided to take the homeschooling plunge, and for anyone who might be interested in learning more about homeschooling.

No comments: